Deeper cooperation between European and Ukrainian clusters
Cluster associations from Lithuania, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia, Romania and Ukraine have signed a joint statement declaring their shared commitment to promote and support the national cluster movement in Ukraine. The statement was signed at the Clusters meet Regions in Kosice on 29 March 2023.
It focuses on 5 main broad goals:
– Acceleration of Ukrainian clusters and their members in twin digital and green transition
– Better alignment and integration of Ukrainian clusters into all major, existing EU programs of clusters / SMEs development.
– The growth of inter-regional cooperation with clear focus on clusters / SMEs resilience and the future Recovery projects
– The support and growth of 6 UCA’s Common Resource Centers (CRC) with respect to clusters by target industries (Agri-food, EAM (Engineering – Automation – Machinery), Medical, Textile, Utilities, and Dual-Use).
– The building of a long term, effective strategy of SMEs development where clusters are a key instrument of SMEs internationalization.
The statement is symbolic for the strong comittmment of the European Clusters Alliance to support Ukraiian clusters and member SMEs on their integration way to the European Union.